- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
- Published: January 1, 1988
Illustrated by Stella Ormai
Houghton Mifflin, 1988
Find @ Your Public Library
About the Book
Bizzy Bones and the Lost Quilt is a story of Bizzy losing his favorite quilt. Uncle Ezra tries to suggest a replacement but Bizzy knows that nothing can replace the quilt he takes with him everywhere he goes and must have before he can sleep at night. They look for the lost quilt until Bizzy is so sad he walks straight into a Canada thistle. Uncle Ezra doesn’t know what to do but the Orchard Mice have a solution.
You may wish to read these books that feature quilts:
- Coerr, Eleanor. The Josefina Quilt Story. Illustrated by Bruce Degan. Harper, 1986.
- Ernst, Lisa Campbell. Sam Johnson and the Blue Ribbon Quilt. Illustrated by Lisa Campbell Ernst. Lothrop, 1983.
- Flournoy, Valerie. The Patchwork Quilt. Illustrated by Jerry Pinkney. Dial, 1985.
- Johnston, Tony. The Quilt Story. Illustrated by Tomie dePaola. Putnam, 1985.
- Jonas, Ann. The Quilt. Illustrated by Ann Jonas. Greenwillow, 1984.
- Polacco, Patricia. The Keeping Quilt. Illustrated by Patricia Polacco. Simon, 1988.
One book about quilts also includes projects you can make:
- Cobb, Mary. The Quilt-Block History of Pioneer Days: With Projects Kid Can Make. Illustrated by Jan Davey Ellis. Millbrook Press, 1995.
Quilts and Children’s Literature. — A unit first published in Carol Hurst’s Children’s Literature Newsletter (Volume 1, Number 3. October 1996, page 2.